Elementary/Middle School Teacher
KnK International Homeschool
Starting date: not given
- Start date: July 31, 2023
- Student level: Intermediate to advanced
- Student age: Elementary to middle school
- Candidate requirements:
- Bachelor or higher degree relevant to literature or writing
- 2+ years teaching experience
- Native English speaker from one of the qualifying countries
- Preference given to those with TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certification
Tired of teaching English in a dreary classroom where your teaching skills and degree aren’t being put to use? Want to level up your teaching in a school that actually cares about the students? Want better pay and vacation than most other schools in the country?
KnK International is recruiting! We’re a large, independent hagwon that specializes in teaching English through subjects like language arts, writing, novel studies, science and social studies in small classes. We use North American textbooks and curriculum, and many of our students go on to study in English-speaking countries.
KnK is a great school because we value our teachers. We pay better than other schools (between 2.7 and 3.2 million won starting salary based on experience) and give a month of vacation per year (2 weeks in summer and 2 weeks in winter). We also have an incentive program to pay teachers a substantial quarterly bonus for exceptional work. KnK also provides great, free local housing or your choice of subsidized housing elsewhere, round-trip airfare, and half of your health insurance and pension costs. We take care of and value our teachers, and as a result, most teachers stay for multiple years.
Our school is located at Migeum Station in Seongnam, a satellite suburb of Seoul. It is only a 20 minute subway ride (6 stops) to Gangnam, one of the main shopping and restaurant districts in the country, and many express buses run quickly to the other popular neighborhoods as well.
We’re looking for a teacher passionate about teaching:
- grammar for non-native English users
- and effective communication through writing.
A successful candidate will also have:
- a history of communicating and compromising amicably with coworkers and management
- a passion for learning and an ability to bring positivity to the classroom
- a desire to grow and develop as an educator
- an ability to look beyond textbooks in designing lessons as our school values both learning and doing.
If this interests you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Maximum 25 teaching hours per week Monday to Friday (2 pm to 9:30 pm) with two hours prep time
- No Saturday classes (except in rare circumstances)
- No split shifts
- Intensives are held during January and August where the hours are some days 12:30 to 9:30, but we pay overtime.
- Between 2.7 and 3.2 million won monthly salary based on experience and qualifications
- Quarterly bonuses (600,000 won for an excellent evaluation)
- Severance pay (1 month’s salary) will be paid after completion of a one-year contract.
- Free, single, furnished housing close to the school or a subsidy of 500,000 won per month will be given.
- Round trip airfare
- Half of national health insurance premium and national pension costs paid
- Cover letter explaining your teaching philosophy, goals, and motivations as a teacher
- Resume showing applicable experience
- Two letters of recommendation from previous employers
- Copy of university diploma (original is not required for the initial application, though it may be required by the Korean Ministry of Education after arrival)
- Canadians: this document must be notarized by a notary public and certified by the Korean consulate
- Other nationalities: this document must be notarized and apostilled
- Scan of teacher certification
- Scan of university transcripts (originals are no longer required)
- Scan of inside passport page showing birth date and nationality
- Scan of criminal record check certificate (please prepare this before applying)
KnK International Homeschool
603 Kwangchun Plaza, Dolma-ro 46, Bundang-gu
Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, 13630
Republic of Korea
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: Elementary/Middle School Teacher
School: KnK International Homeschool
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: KnK International Homeschool
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com