Elementary/Middle School Teacher
Starting date: not given
Teach in S. Korea!
$2,000-$2,600 USD mo. (Free housing, bonus, pension, paid vacation, free airfare, and National Health Insurance)
www.teachenglishinkorea.org (TEIK) is the best-run recruitment agency placing high-quality teachers at high-quality schools. We only work with schools with an excellent track record for paying their teachers on time, drama-free, and honoring teachers' contracts. We are a boutique recruitment agency owned and run by expats that focus on the 'QUALITY' of teachers rather than the 'QUANTITY' of teachers. We live by our motto, "No BS and No Drama," and we always believe in honest and straightforward communication. We will happily assist you with gathering the correct documents, job interviews, visa process, flights, arrival, and getting set up in Korea. Our goal is to send quality teachers to quality schools, period. If you want to work with an American-owned and run recruitment agency (Brad & Yumi) that has lived, taught, and placed teachers in Korea for over fifteen years, then teachenglishinkorea.org would love the opportunity to work with you.
To learn about living and working in Korea, please watch this webinar on Teaching in Korea: https://youtu.be/S52LIxsRDfQ.
Bradley S. Brennan Ph.D., MBA, B.Ed.
Mrs. Yumi (Ko) Brennan
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Teachenglishinkorea
Most of our job posts also include sample housing photos the school provides. The housing photos are the actual housing photos, or they are of a unit in the same building where other teachers live, so the units are the same, but the unit numbers will be different. Since many housing photos are sample photos, they are normally unfurnished but will be furnished later with a bed, washer, closet, etc. as per their contract.
Foreign International School Positions & Public School Jobs
- Hanam City (East Seoul) 2.6M-2.8M ASAP (11 Expats)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/seoul%2C-gangdonggu-one-teacher-asap-(2-3-aug%2Fsep)-9-6-pm%2F6%3A45-pm-(11-expats)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Seoul, Gangdonggu-One teacher ASAP (2-3 AUG/SEP) 9-6 PM/6:45 PM (11 Expats)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/private-kindy%2Felem--asap-and-aug%2Fsep%2C-2023-in-seoul-(jamsil-and-dongdaemun)-9-6-pm" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Private KINDY/ELEM- ASAP and Aug/Sep, 2023 in Seoul (Jamsil and Dongdaemun) 9-6 PM
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/daytime-position-in-seodaemun-gu%2C-seoul-9-am-to-6-or-6%3A40-pm-(2.5m%2Bfull-benefits)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Daytime Position in Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 9 AM to 6 or 6:40 PM (2.5M+Full Benefits)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/foreign-school--apgujeong-%26-dachidong%2C-seoul%2C-6w-vacation%2B2.6m%2B-month--full-benefits--september-1st%2C-2023" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Foreign school- Apgujeong & Dachidong, Seoul, 6W vacation+2.6M+ month- full benefits- September 1st, 2023
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/a-large-school-in-seongbuk%2C-central-seoul%2C-1%3A30-9%3A00-pm-(includes-a-1-hour-dinner-break)%2C-grades-1-5%2C-2.4m%2B" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">A large school in Seongbuk, central Seoul, 1:30-9:00 PM (includes a 1 hour dinner break), grades 1-5, 2.4M+
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/a-school-in-wirye-dong-in-songpa-gu%2C-seoul-2.7m-2.8m-(17-expats)%2Bfull-benefits" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">A school in Wirye-dong in Songpa-gu, Seoul-2.7M-2.8M (17 Expats)+Full Benefits
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/academy-position-in-songdo-incheon-2.8m%2B-(12-expat-teachers)-(4-for-aug%2Fsep)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Academy Position in Songdo Incheon 2.8M+ (12 Expat teachers) (4 for AUG/SEP)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/academy-position-in-songdo-incheon-2.8m%2B-(12-expats)-mid-august" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Academy Position in Songdo Incheon 2.8M+ (12 Expats) Mid-August
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/seongdong%2C-seoul--9-6%3A40-pm-2.72m-9-expat-teachers%2B-full-benefits-(1-late-may-%26-2-3-aug%2Fsep)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Seongdong, Seoul- 9-6:40 PM 2.72M 9-Expat Teachers+ Full Benefits (1 Late May & 2-3 AUG/SEP)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/sungdong-(central-seoul)-9-6%3A40-pm-2.72m-expat-teachers%2B-full-benefits" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Sungdong (central Seoul) 9-6:40 PM 2.72M Expat Teachers+ Full Benefits
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/a-large-english-academy-in-mokdong%2C-seoul%2C-needs-2-asap%2C-1-in-may%2C-june%2C-and-july-2023-(2.6m-2.9m)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">A large English Academy in Mokdong, Seoul, needs 2 ASAP, 1 in May, June, and July 2023 (2.6M-2.9M)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/april-start-date-in-seoul-(jamsil-%26-dongdaemun)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">April Start date in Seoul (Jamsil & Dongdaemun)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/a-gangnam-(seocho-gu%2C-banpo-dong)-academy-seeks-outgoing-positive-teachers-3m%2Bfull-benefits-(2-10-pm-m-f)-asap-start." style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">A Gangnam (Seocho-gu, Banpo-Dong) Academy seeks outgoing positive teachers 3M+Full benefits (2-10 PM-M-F) ASAP start.
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/seoul%2C-dongdaemun-need-2-teachers-for-asap-and-1-2-for-sept-1st-(2.5m-2.9m)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Seoul, Dongdaemun-Need 2 Teachers for ASAP and 1-2 for Sept 1st (2.5M-2.9M)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/seoul%2C-gangdonggu-m%2Fw%2Ff-9%3A00-am---6%3A00-pm-%26-9%3A00-am-~-6%3A45-pm-t%2Fth-(11-expats)-hiring-two-teachers-asap-and-1-2-for-september-1st" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Seoul, Gangdonggu-M/W/F 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM & 9:00 AM ~ 6:45 PM T/TH (11 Expats) Hiring two teachers ASAP and 1-2 for September 1st
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/a-large-school-in-haeundae-gu-busan-(9-4%3A40-or-9-6%3A05)-(20-expats)%2B-full-benefits" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">A large school in Haeundae-Gu Busan (9-4:40 or 9-6:05) (20 expats)+ full benefits
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/gyopo-head-teacher-(ht)-for-a-school-in-gwangjin%2C-seoul" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Gyopo Head Teacher (HT) for a school in Gwangjin, Seoul
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/gangnam-seoul-9%3A30-am-5-pm-(2.4m)-asap-%26-sep%2C-2023" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Gangnam Seoul 9:30 AM-5 PM (2.4M) ASAP & SEP, 2023
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/daechi-dong-gangnam-school-is-a-student-centered%2C-experiential%2C-and-project-based-private-academy-looking-for-full-time-teachers.-3.3m-4m-a-mo%2B500k%2F5m-housing%2Fkey-money" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Daechi-dong Gangnam school is a student-centered, experiential, and project-based private academy looking for full-time teachers. 3.3M-4M a mo+500k/5M housing/key money
- Bundang City (20 min. to Seoul) ASAP & Sept 1st- 2.7M-3M (14 Expats)
- Bundang City (20 min. to Seoul) ASAP & AUG/SEP 2.8M-3M (14 Expats)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/bucheon-city-gyeonggido-best-housing--3-teachers-for-june-1st-(12-expats)-couples-can-apply" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Bucheon City Gyeonggido-BEST housing- 3 teachers for June 1st (12 Expats) Couples can apply
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/morning-position-in-bucheon-city-gyeonggido-one-for-july-and-two-for-august-(best-housing)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Morning position in Bucheon City Gyeonggido one for July and two for August (Best Housing)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/private-kindy%2Felem-asap-%26-aug%2Fsep-2023-in-bundang-(8%3A40-am-5-pm)-6-expats" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Private KINDY/ELEM-ASAP & AUG/SEP 2023 in Bundang (8:40 AM-5 PM) 6 Expats
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/gwanggyo%2C-gyeonggido-2.5m-2.9m-(9%3A10-am-6%3A45-pm)-asap-%26-aug%2Fsep-(10-expats)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Gwanggyo, Gyeonggido 2.5M-2.9M (9:10 AM-6:45 PM) ASAP & AUG/SEP (10 expats)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/gwanggyo%2C-gyeonggido-2.4m-2.8m-(9%3A10-am-6%3A45-pm)-august%2C-2023-(13-expats)-hiring-2-3-teachers" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Gwanggyo, Gyeonggido 2.4M-2.8M (9:10 AM-6:45 PM) August, 2023 (13 expats) Hiring 2-3 teachers
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/a-dongtan%2C-suwon-school-needs-1-great-teacher-for-april-and-june-(15-expats)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">A Dongtan, Suwon school needs 1 Great teacher for April and June (15 Expats)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/a-dongtan%2C-suwon-school-needs-two-great-teachers-for-sept-1st-(15-expats)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">A Dongtan, Suwon school needs two Great teachers for Sept 1st (15 Expats)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/school-in-anyang%2C-gyeonggido-needs-2-teachers--2-10-pm-shift--late-april-%26-late-may" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">School in Anyang, Gyeonggido needs 2 teachers- 2-10 PM shift- late April & late May
- Private ELEM-Sanbon, Gyeonggido (Seoul Suburbs) 1-9 PM. May 1st, 2023
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/gimpo-city-(gyeonggido)-high-pay-(2.7m%2B)-rnd-trip-air!%2B-full-benefits-(june%2Fjuly-and-sept-1st)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Gimpo City (Gyeonggido) High Pay (2.7M+) Rnd-trip Air!+ Full benefits (June/July and Sept 1st)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/daytime-teaching-schedule-in-ilsan-city-(only-20-minutes-west-of-seoul)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Daytime teaching schedule in Ilsan City (only 20 minutes west of Seoul)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/daytime-teaching-schedule-in-ilsan-city-july-1st-(1-2-teachers)-%26-aug%2Fsept-(2-3-teachers)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Daytime teaching schedule in Ilsan City-July 1st (1-2 teachers) & Aug/Sept (2-3 teachers)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/suwon-yeongtong-(9-am-6-pm)-%2B-2.6m-2.8m%2Bfull-benefits-asap-%26-sept-1st" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Suwon Yeongtong (9 AM-6 PM) + 2.6M-2.8M+Full benefits-ASAP & Sept 1st
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/a-school-in-suwon-yeongtong-(9-am-6-pm)-%2B-2.7m-2.8m%2Bfull-benefits-asap" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">A School in Suwon Yeongtong (9 AM-6 PM) + 2.7M-2.8M+Full benefits ASAP
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/daytime-teaching-schedule-in-unjeong%2C-paju-city-(35-min.-from-seoul)-9%3A30-6%3A40-(2.7m%2B)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Daytime teaching schedule in Unjeong, Paju City (35 min. from Seoul) 9:30-6:40 (2.7M+)
- Downtown Daegu City (in Suseong-gu) 9-6 PM AUG-SEP (14 Expats)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/beautiful-busan-city-needs-2-good-teachers-for-aug%2Fsep-(20-expats!)-9-6pm-(2.6m)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Beautiful Busan City needs 2 Good Teachers for AUG/SEP (20 expats!) 9-6PM (2.6M)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/daytime-position-in-beautiful-busan-on-the-southern-coast-of-korea-asap-(2.6m-2.8m)-20-expats!" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Daytime position in Beautiful Busan on the Southern coast of Korea ASAP (2.6M-2.8M) 20 Expats!
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/daegu-city-9%3A00-am-6%3A00-2.3m-(10-expats-full-benefits)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Daegu City 9:00 AM-6:00-2.3M (10 Expats-Full Benefits)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/private-kindy%2Felem-may-start--gwangju-9-am--6-pm%2C-(2.5m-2.7m)%2Bfull-benefits" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Private KINDY/ELEM-May Start- Gwangju-9 AM- 6 PM, (2.5M-2.7M)+full benefits
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/private-kindy%2Felem-may-start-date-in-gwangju-(2.5m-2.7m)-(may-%26-june)" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Private KINDY/ELEM-May Start date in Gwangju (2.5M-2.7M) (May & June)
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/changwon-city-on-the-southern-coast-9-6-pm-2.5m-2.9m-needs-one-teacher-asap%2C-1-in-july-and-2-for-sept-1st-(late-aug)." style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Changwon City on the Southern Coast 9-6 PM 2.5M-2.9M needs one teacher ASAP, 1 in July and 2 for Sept 1st (late Aug).
- https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/jobs-1/daejeon-city-campus-is-looking-for-a-teacher-who-can-start-in-august" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Daejeon City Campus is looking for a Teacher who can start in August
Visa Process Updated
Job Application Apply Now
JOBS Board Available Jobs
Greetings Brad from sunny Seoul!! Things are going great at my hagwon in Suyu, northern Seoul. The transition has been rather mild, and I suppose I'm still waiting for culture shock to sink in... Another teacher at my school has been here several months and never experienced a hard culture shock. I feel I am in the same boat. Classes keep me busy each evening, and I find the workload challenging but not too stressful. Teaching requires a great deal of patience and an awful lot of spontaneity. My students keep me on my toes, and I enjoy their youthfulness, innocence, and dedication. In Korea, I feel very peaceful and relaxed, even in the Mecca of, its biggest city. There is plenty to see and many new experiences to appreciate and ponder. I would like to thank you for your hours of research and dedication to this exciting adventure. I feel I owe you a great deal for your participation. Thank you for your enthusiasm and ability to 'sniff out' solid hagwons, and cheers for processing my visa so quickly for me. May you be blessed with many other happy teachers!! Sincerely,
Heidi K., Northern Seoul
Hey Brad, Thank you for placing Matt and me at such an amazing school. We are extremely happy here. They provide a full curriculum; all we have to do is decide how we would like to teach it. Also, our school is very flexible and allows us to alter its curriculum at any time if we wish to do so. The class sizes are the best part - I have seven students in the morning and 6 in the afternoon. It makes teaching and building a relationship with the students very easy. We are very pleased with our living arrangements. We have a two-bedroom with a full kitchen, living room, bathroom, and laundry room. It is so nice to have a place to go to every night that feels like home. Our school purchased everything in our apartment, right from our washing machine to kitchen utensils and an air conditioner. We couldn't ask for anything more. We have met many cool friends and enjoy the culture to the fullest extent. We make taboo actions and comments daily, but it's all a part of the experience. It was so nice to have dinner and drinks with you last month. If you come to Korea again in October, let us know so we can do it all over again. Also, have we told you how nice it is to still have you as a support system? We discussed how we can contact you about anything and how you reply immediately. We have friends who haven't spoken to their recruiter since they boarded the plane; not cool. Talk to you soon,
Brittany B. :), Seoul, Korea, Gyeonggido
Hey Brad, I know it's been a while since I've contacted you. I can't believe seven months have passed so quickly. It's been a wild ride. There have been several ups and downs, but all have been great learning lessons. My daughter Madison has enjoyed the experience as well. The language has been more difficult to learn than expected, but part of the problem has been that we have kept so busy with home-schooling, traveling to Thailand and China, and all over Korea, volunteering at an orphanage, and working on TEFL certification. I loved the work you did for me and my daughter in obtaining my first contract and helping sort out a few problems with my school and apartment. The kids are really amazing and I love working with them. I've enjoyed the area I've been living in, but I would like to try another area and I look forward to working with you again to find my next position. Thanks much,
Samantha J., Bucheon City, Gyeonggido
Hi Brad! How are you? I hope all is well. My first month in Cheongju was great. I really enjoy my job and my co-workers and friends have treated me extremely well. Working with the children has been both pleasant and personally rewarding. I feel very fortunate to have been placed in one of the best family-operated franchise locations in the area. My apartment is superb, and the relationship with my new Korean family is wonderful (They have already taken me on several amazing trips. I am excited at the many unique opportunities I will have in the coming months to explore the country, as it is beautiful and rich with culture and history). Certainly, my time here thus far has been special, largely due to your help. I was impressed by the extraordinary effort you displayed to secure for me a position under the most desirable and convenient of circumstances, and I am truly thankful for your steadfast assistance throughout the entire visa process. Your professionalism reflects well upon your program, and I would recommend your excellent service to anyone. Thanks for helping to make this possible! Take care, Kyle F. Cheongju
Yeah man! I tried to email you from a pc bong, but it did not go through. This damn APT and this public school are the best things I have seen in Korea! Thank you very much; it was well worth the wait! Excellent co-teacher and my APT is like a mansion compared to what I lived in last year. I still do not have a TV, or phone yet though, but will have them soon. I just had my physical today and it was all good. Things here are very different than I was used to from the year before and I can tell you, they are WAY BETTER! Thanks again!
Danny H., Incheon
Onyeo Brad! How are you doing over there in chilly Chicago? It's getting chilly here in Wondang! Brrrr. Thank GOD for the heated floors! :) We stayed at our director's home last night because of our mold problem at our apartment. Here is a funny story about our after-dinner snack: Ricky stopped and picked up some pig legs (jokbal) and fried octopus’ balls to eat on arriving home with his wife and kids! hehe...such a treat. The fried doughy balls of octopus were amazingly good....can't say the same about the pig's fatty legs! hehe. They were an interesting taste! Anyways, I just wanted to email you with photos from a few of the latest events at school and to let you know everything is going well: Halloween and November Birthdays. I should send you some pics from our Thanksgiving party as the kids with Indian feathers and face paint is pretty funny. Thanks, Brad! Tata for now. Enjoy the pics & Keep warm!
Elizabeth G. Ilsan, Korea
A few months ago, my wife and I were searching for jobs. Our search brought us thankfully to an online post saying, "Teach English in Korea." These words sparked our interest, and we both applied. In 24 hours, we received emails from Brad Brennan, who warmly invited us to interview him at a Chicago Starbucks. From the beginning, Brad was a wonderful person to work with. Our first meeting was filled with conversation about Brad's exciting and wonderful seven years in South Korea and many questions and answers. His excitement was so contagious. Nolan and I left our rendezvous enthused and ready to apply. Once we accepted, Brad helped us with the visa process and got everything filled out and thoroughly organized. He gave us websites and reminders and even sent documents to the right people in far-off Asia. Elizabeth and I teach little kindergarteners and Elementary students English at Michigan Campus in Seoul, S. Korea. We have a cute two-bedroom apartment only a 10-minute walk from our school, and we enjoy our time here. If you have any questions or want some more info, feel free to email us:
Elizabeth & Nolan H.
Hey Brad, Sorry to take so long to write. Everything has been great here. All the staff and faculty at my school here in Ansan have made me feel welcome and part of their family. I couldn't have asked for a better school. The students here are also great. They make me feel like I am a local celebrity. I love my time here. After only two months, I am quite sure I will sign on again for a second year with this school. I highly recommend Brad's service to anyone reading this and trying to decide who to use as a recruiter. I've talked to many other foreign language teachers since I have been here, and almost all of them are envious of my placement with this school. Thanks again, Brad for doing such a great job.
Sincerely, Andrew B. Ulsan, S. Korea
Hey Brad? I appreciate you contacting Alysia and me after we arrived here in Korea. Everything here is going well, and we're having a wonderful time. The school is great, my director is amazing, and the location is good. We're just outside Seoul, and everything is a short subway ride or bus ride away. Attached are some pictures for you to use on your testimonials page on your website. Thanks again for your help, and please keep in touch.
Becca G. Seoul, Gyeonggido
Hey Brad! All is fantastic in Seoul. I am situated at an iSponge Kindergarten school on the east of Seoul just below the Han River. Teaching young children is a delight and immensely rewarding. While there can be challenges, it is generally a wonderfully fun experience and all part of the adventure. I teach three classes throughout a typical workday. The environment and organization of my school are great! The school design resembles something out of Disney World or Alice in Wonderland and it is the perfect environment for small children.
Additionally, my school is newly constructed so everything is neat and clean. Resources and materials are also fantastic, making teaching much easier. The curriculum from iSponge is awesome; lessons are detailed and well laid out. Generally, workdays are fluid and relatively low-stress. I am so happy where I teach! Seoul itself is a fantastic place to be. The city seems to have a pulse with energy and life that is easy to identify with. People are friendly and there is never a shortage of things to see and do. Admittedly the food was hard for me to get used to initially, I have now found my footing and have several local restaurants I'm accustomed to visiting often. One of my greatest surprises was how clean the city was, especially the subway. The subway is simply an engineering marvel and is one of my favorite aspects of Seoul. The city is great and there is always something going on. New York may be the city that never sleeps but Seoul is the city that never stops. Thank you for your dedicated services to get me to this country. I was thoroughly impressed with your hard work, dedication, and approachability. I've heard many troubling statements about the process to get here and it was comforting to know I was in good hands with your services. I would recommend you to anyone interested in teaching in Korea. Thanks again for all your hard work!
Matt S., Seoul, Gyeonggido
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: Elementary/Middle School Teacher
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: www.teachenglishinkorea.org
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com