Elementary/Middle School Teacher
Starting date: not given
Hello, My name is Trevor and I am the co-owner and head teacher at Toronto English. I am also a fully licensed elementary school teacher from Ontario, Canada. My school’s philosophy is “Simple, Happy, English” and we strive to make our students feel safe, happy and comfortable in our classrooms.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated English teachers who are committed to making a positive impact on their students. We believe in creating a fun and positive learning environment that engages students of all backgrounds and abilities. As a teacher, you will work closely with us as a team player, to help problem solve the learning needs of our students. We are looking for someone who is willing to work with not just good students but also students who may struggle to learn. We are committed to fostering a culture of respect, inclusivity, and innovative teaching styles in our classrooms.
Potential applicants must have either a background in education or teaching experience.
- Two Start Dates: Beginning of June and Beginning of August 2023
- Working hours: M-F 1:00pm-7:45pm, teaching hours are from 2:30pm-7:30pm (classes are 50 minutes long, 5 classes a day with 10 minute breaks between classes)
- Student age group: Elementary
- Salary: A starting salary of 2.6 million KRW and up to 3 million (Depending on experience)
- Benefits: 50% of medical insurance, 50% of National Pension, Severance payment, housing or housing allowance, one way flight home after completing a minimum of a one year contract.
- 11 days paid vacation (a week in the summer and a week in the winter) plus all national holidays
- Visa type: F visa; E2 visa
- Bachelor's degree in English, Education, or a related field preferred
- Teaching experience is necessary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- A positive attitude and energy that inspires and motivates students to learn.
- Good classroom management skills that are fair but not harsh.
- Willingness to work with students who may struggle with learning, and a commitment to providing differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- A team player who is willing to collaborate and problem-solve with other teachers and staff members.
- Plan and deliver engaging and effective English lessons to students of various levels and backgrounds, with a focus on providing differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Manage the classroom with fairness and positivity, creating a welcoming environment for students to learn and grow.
- Assess and evaluate students' progress and provide regular feedback on their performance to both students and parents/guardians.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff members to ensure a positive and productive learning environment, as well as to share ideas, resources, and best practices.
- Participate in school events and activities, including extracurricular activities, field trips, and cultural events, to support and engage students outside of the classroom.
- Maintain accurate records of students' progress and communicate effectively with parents/guardians through written reports about their child's progress.
Finally, a little bit about my academy. There are four Native English teachers currently here and we are looking to add to our team. My academy is located in a new city on Yeongjong Island, Incheon (the same location as the International airport that services Seoul). The city is rapidly growing and expanding. Additionally, we are located just over an hour away from central Seoul and you can access Seoul using public transportation.
Email cover letter and resume to,
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: Elementary/Middle School Teacher
School: Toronto English
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: B.A.
Contact:School Name: Toronto English
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org