Elementary/Middle School Teacher
YOUNGHOON INTERNATIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL
Starting date: not given
Young Hoon International Middle School 2023 August Opening
Young Hoon International Middle School (YHIMS) is a private Middle School located in Seoul, Korea, servicing students in grade 7 to grade 9. It is one of the two special international middle schools authorized by the Seoul Metropolitan of Education, under a National Education Curriculum. With such recognition, we have a mixed faculty of Korean and Foreign teachers working together to nurture our students to achieve their academic goals with a sense of global leadership. Our students learn in both languages: Korean and English. We have a total of 15 foreign faculty members partnered with Korean teachers to cooperate as a subject teacher and a homeroom teacher. We are currently looking for competent and enthusiastic teachers to join our team.
For August 2023, we have vacancies for the following position:
- Social Studies
· A bachelor degree or above in the associated field of study
· Suitable for E-2 visa conditions
· Additional teaching certificate, education related degree, or CELTA, TESOL certificates
· Prior teaching experience is desirable
4. Conditions and Benefits
· Contract Period: 2023.8.16 ~ 2024.02.29. Or 2023.8.16 ~ 2025.2.28 with an opportunity to re-sign a one-year or a two- year contract.
· 22 teaching hours a week, with extra income opportunities through extra-curricular school program.
· Paid Summer Camp (Mandatory)
· Cooperative work environment with both English-speaking and Korean-speaking teachers.
· Paid vacation (5 weeks for winter vacation), Korean national holidays off, and 3 days of annual leaves. (Sick leaves and special vacations for wedding, death, birth, and etc. is provided separately)
· Overtime pay is provided and overnight trips are paid as well.
· Competitive salary scale with considerations to experience. (With no work experience minimum ￦32,000,000 a year)
· Monthly housing allowance of ￦700,000 is provided.
· Professional development fee of ￦200,000 per year.
5. How to apply
Please submit the following documents by email before April 16th, 2023.
· Application form
DOWNLOAD the attached application form. Make sure to edit the file name. [YHIMS FT_(Subject)_(Surname)] (e. g. YHIMS FT Social Studies_ Surname)
※ You can also download the application form via our school website:
· Photocopies of appropriate degrees and qualifications (e.g. teaching license)
· A photocopy of the passport (the page with the photo of the applicant)
· A photocopy/scan of transcript (sealed transcript will be required after the assessment)
- Qualifying teachers will later be asked to give a 15-minute demo lesson for the interview. If applying from overseas, the school will process an online interview and a demo lesson.
Send application to email@example.com
The school will contact prospective applicants individually via email to arrange the interview dates. If you submit your application earlier than the due date, there is a possibility that we will reach you earlier than April 16th.
6. Documents to prepare for the interview day
· A passport size photo
· Proof of employment from your current workplace
· Two sealed reference letters
· A 15-minute demo lesson plan
7. Contact Information
∙ For further questions, contact the Immersion Program Coordinator through firstname.lastname@example.org
∙ 19, Dobong-ro 13 Gagil, Kangbuk-gu, Seoul, 142-709, Republic of Korea
∙ Phone: 82-2-970-4611 Fax: 82-2-970-4699
∙ Young Hoon International Middle School: March 2023 Openings
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: Elementary/Middle School Teacher
School: YOUNGHOON INTERNATIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: B.A.
Contact:School Name: YOUNGHOON INTERNATIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com