Elementary/Middle School Teacher
J Lee Preparatory
Starting date: not given
We currently have a position available at Bundang Campus
1. Job and Background Description
J Lee Preparatory (J Lee Prep) is currently looking for experienced, energetic, and dedicated teachers to teach a few of our 1st~9th grade classes. We currently have 3 branches located in Jeongja, Suji, and Dongtan that are filled with young bright minds that are eager to improve their English skills. Our academy caters to the upper tier of Korean students who have passed our entrance exam and thus are able to use English at a high level.
The Bundang (Jeongja) branch is located a short distance away (10 min. walk or a 5 min. bus ride) from Jeongja Station. Suji branch is located 5 min. walk from Suji-gu Office Station. Dongtan branch is a 5 min. bus ride from Dongtan Station. Access to public transportation is rather convenient coming and going, for all branches.
As a teacher here at J Lee Preparatory, you will have to follow along with our lessons plans that are aligned with our curriculum, but you will also have the ability to infuse your own worksheets and ideas to help each of your students progress in a way that fits your style. If hired, you would work with around 10 dedicated native teachers in a professional environment. We strive to give our teachers help with their professional development as well as a warm atmosphere everyday that they walk into one of our locations.
2. Role and Responsibilities
As mentioned above, we are currently looking for an experienced, high-energy, and passionate teacher to teach 3 elementary level classes, along with middle school classes. As our classes emphasize critical thinking, a strong background in literature is preferred in prospective teachers.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Prepare, plan, and instruct lessons based off of our curriculum
• Grade daily and weekly homework assignments, essays, and tests
• Keep record of and report students’ performance and give feedback
• Teach TOEFL and Debate Lessons and Skill
• Educate and instruct advanced English level elementary school students through speaking and writing, reading, grammar, and book discussion classes
• Interview potential students during entrance exams
3. Working Conditions
• Start Date: ASAP
• Student Type: Elementary
• Curriculum: Curriculum and lesson plans provided
• Working Hours: Mon/Wed/Fri 2:00~7:00pm, Tue/Thur 3:30~7:00pm
• Teaching Hours: Mon/Wed/Fri 2:40~6:55pm, Tue/Thur 4:00~6:55pm (18:45 Teaching Hours/wk)
• Class Size: up to 12 students per class
• Teacher Training: Provided
• Salary: 3,200,000 KRW
• Benefits: Severance and 4 National Insurances (pension, health insurance, employment insurance, and occupational safety and health insurance)
• Vacation: All National Holidays + 12 workdays paid vacation
• Housing: Not provided, but security deposit is available upon request. We can also provide assistance in procuring accommodation.
Please send your resume, cover letter and a recent photo to:
All necessary documents, including apostilled diploma, federal criminal background check (if you have an F VISA), and medical check result need to be available.
Upon review of sent material, we will contact you via e-mail or phone to set up an interview, which would also include a short mock lesson that you would have to prepare for. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will contact only those who pass the initial review. We apologize in advance for not getting to respond to every resume sent.
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: Elementary/Middle School Teacher
School: J Lee Preparatory
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: J Lee Preparatory
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org