Elementary/Middle School Teacher
Starting date: not given
Embark Recruiting started in 2003 as a Native English Teacher recruitment agency. We provide information about teaching and working in Korea.
At Embark Recruiting we really care about our teachers and always try to look out for their best interests. Please check out HERE for more information about our relationship with teachers.
My name is Mia Lee. I am a senior recruiter at Embark Recruiting, a company that helps people find English teaching jobs in South Korea. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Korean law and studied nursing in Australia for 2 years. I have also volunteered for a non-profit organization for workers’ rights in the past. Unlike some recruiting companies, Embark is transparent. The Embark tells you the name of the school before you have a job interview with them so that you do not waste time, and this is one of the reasons why I work at the Embark Recruiting.
Mapo-gu has some of the most desired working and living locations in Seoul. Mapo-gu owes its hip vibe to the student areas of Hongdae and Sinchon-ro, with quirky boutiques and plus late-night restaurants serving BBQ and fried chicken with beer. Relaxed rooftop bars overlook hangout spot Hongik Park, while jazz bars and live music venues in the area have an offbeat feel. Green spaces like riverside Haneul Park and Gyeongui Line Forest Park offer walking and cycling trails.
Take a look at the street view of Hongdae by clicking HERE
Seocho-gu is a district where most of the citizens reside in high-class apartment houses and large apartment complexes. It has convenient conditions with the balanced formation of large department stores, cultural facilities, and green belts for the daily lives of citizens.
Mokdong is a ward of Yangcheon-gu, located in the west of Seoul, South Korea. Commonly referred to as a "special education district", the upper-middle/upper-class neighborhood is best known for its abundance of private institutions, or Hagwons, as well as quality public schools.
It is also home to the headquarters of two broadcasting corporations, SBS and CBS (Christian Broadcasting System). Also situated in Mokdong are the Hyperion Towers, the tallest of which is 69 stories and 256 meters high. The tallest tower, Tower A, is the fifth tallest skyscraper in Seoul and one of the tallest residential buildings globally.
There is an abundance of western and Korean restaurants and cafes throughout the area and there will be no trouble finding new things to do and new places to eat. There are multiple subway stations and bus routes making it easy to navigate and travel.
1. Job Descriptions
• Kindergarten: You will be a homeroom teacher for kindergarten students. Follow the premade curriculum, but also use your creativity and imagination to make the classes more fun and enjoyable for the students. The working hours here are typically 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
• Kindergarten-Elementary: You will be a homeroom teacher for kindergarten students and teach a few elementary classes in the afternoon. Follow the premade curriculum, but also use your creativity and imagination to make the classes more fun and enjoyable for the students. The working hours here are typically 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
• Elementary/Elementary-Middle School: As an English subject teacher, you will help the students prepare for exams and create a comforting learning environment. The working hours here are typically 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm or 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
2. Candidate Qualifications
All candidates must:
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Holds or is eligible for the E-2 visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship
• Hold an F series visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship or Korean citizenship
• Apostilled and notarized copy of academic diploma and Apostilled Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy
3. Salary: Negotiable based on experiences & qualification and working conditions
4. Start Dates: May. 2023 ~ Oct. 2023
• Insured with the 4 Major Insurances
• Severance: paid upon the completion of 1-year employment
• Vacation: generally, 11 days provided plus Korean National Holidays
• Airfare: One-way flight ticket reimbursed for candidates outside of Korea
• Housing: Single Housing Provided or Housing Allowance
How to Apply
Apply Now (Our Online Resume Application)
Email your resume and professional photo to email@example.com
Click the blue button on the left bottom
Mobile: +82 10-9725-6793
Company: Embark Recruiting
Address: 06644, South Korea, Seoul, Seocho-gu, Seochojungang-ro 111, Suite 501
Business registration number: 165-86-00349
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: Elementary/Middle School Teacher
School: Embark Recruiting
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: B.A.
Contact:School Name: Embark Recruiting
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org