High School Teacher
Gold Standard Recruiting
Starting date: not given
Location: Qingdao, China
School type: International
Start Date: August 2023
Age of students: 14-18 years old
Grade Levels: 7-12
Open Positions: ESL/EAL Teachers (Middle & High School)
Teaching hours: At most 22 weekly teaching periods.
Office hours: 7:50 am-4:30 pm. Teachers have a one-hour lunch break and can leave at 3:30 pm twice weekly. No unpaid evening study.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Native English Language speaker from the accepted countries for English teaching visa (UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa).
- 2+ year’s classroom teaching experience
- BA degree or above （Degree in education preferred ）
- Happy, healthy, and accepting of Chinese culture
- Ideal candidate would be a serious, career-oriented teacher with stable personal life. Bring a willingness to combine their western expertise with Chinese culture to present the best of both worlds to the students.
- Working with Chinese co-teachers collaboratively.
- Preparing for classes, events, or English-speaking activities (Earth Day, Carnival Day, etc.).
- Grading homework, tests and conducting progress reports.
- Attending field day trips to off-site locations as needed.
- Collaborating with Chinese co-teachers to create semester plans.
- Encouraging children throughout the learning process and maintaining a positive classroom environment.
High school teachers put together informative and engaging lesson plans for their subjects. Teachers use a variety of visual aids, textbooks, and creative projects to gain student involvement. Other duties may include:
- **Making administrative and budget decisions
- Chaperoning classes and trips
- Prioritizing teaching methods
- Completing parent and student counseling
- Enforcing rules and disciplinary action
- Lecturing and discussing concepts
- Preparing material for presentations
- Recordkeeping student activities in accordance with laws and school policies
- Starting salary of 23,000RMB/month + housing allowance3000RMB/Month (before tax). The school may be able to offer higher salaries for experienced and licensed teachers with US, UK & Irish, Canadian, New Zealand, or Australian nationality.
- Free lunch provided.
- Medical insurance provided.
- Airfare reimbursed after one year contract (9000RMB max)
- Legal work visa
- Paid holidays: Chinese government holidays, about one month off in the winter, and about two months off in the summer (during winter and summer vacation time, teachers will receive a half amount of their salary
If you are interested in the position, please send the following documents to us:
1. Resume/CV; scan of passport, degrees, and credentials; at least one recent professional reference; recent photograph; clear evidence of meeting job requirements.
2.Teaching demo video and/or introductory video
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: High School Teacher
School: Gold Standard Recruiting
Location: China, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: Gold Standard Recruiting
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com