High School Teacher
Language Link Vietnam
Starting date: not given
Language Link is currently seeking an Academic Coordinator (AC) for the Secondary Sector to join our public schools program, Schools Link!
Schools Link is Language Link’s highly successful English language education program in Vietnamese schools. We currently have more than 150 foreign English teachers teaching over 32,000 students in Hanoi’s urban districts. Our programs consistently receive high ratings from students and parents. Our Schools Link program caters to Primary, Secondary
and High School students in Hanoi.
Start Date: June 2023
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive monthly salary negotiable based on experience
- Local National Holidays Provided
- Annual Leave and National Day of your home country: 15.5 Days - Sick Leave 03 Days
- Full In-Patient, Partial Out-Patient, Evacuation and Repatriation Medical Insurance for which LLV pays 1⁄2 of the annual premium
- Visa and Work Permit sponsorship fully provided and paid for by LLV (except for document authentication)
- Monthly telephone and taxi allowance
- Direct deposit for payroll on the same day each month
The AC is contracted to work a 44-hour week on-site, normally over a 5-day week. Monday – Friday.
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year’s experience in academic management
- At least 3 years’ Young Learner teaching experience (preferably in public schools)
- A CELTA (or equivalent) teaching certificate with teaching practicum
- Manage material development, test creation, curriculum development work, and other projects as necessary;
- develop placement tests, pacing guides, extra curriculum, etc as necessary.
- Enhance and develop the secondary and high school programs;
- Assist the Academic Manager and Teacher Recruitment and Welfare officers with hiring teachers (recruiting and interviewing) and disciplining teachers (as necessary)/
- Handle issues and support RHTs within a designated region of the program.
- Accurately identify teachers who are underperforming, and support them through a Teaching Development Plan in preparation for successful observation by AC or AM; observe teachers as necessary, including the outcome of Teaching Development Plans.
- Co-plan and deliver sharing sessions and workshops that help teachers develop specific competencies to improve their teaching (one a day during induction week, plus roughly two per month during the school year).
Master the IELTS programme by involving in observing, attending workshop for IELTS teachers.
- Oversee the whole programme, especially Secondary & High Schools and provide support as necessary.
- Assist in developing / preparing successor(s) for the RHT and AC positions.
- Support / be involved in school outreach events (i.e. school assemblies, competitions, parent workshops).
- Provide cover as necessary.
- Teach own classes (at AC’s discretion and in agreement with AM) (max 20 hours a month).
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: High School Teacher
School: Language Link Vietnam
Location: Other, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: Language Link Vietnam
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org