Starting date: not given
We are looking to employ additional home room language teachers at Gem Preschool, to begin by September 2023 (Website: www.gempreschool.com).
Our private kindergarten - based in the city of Deyang (30 minutes from Chengdu), Sichuan Province, China - opened in 2014 and has a capacity of 450 students. The candidates we are looking for must be professional and passionate about education and have a true desire to see their students succeed. You will be joining as a member of the international department, working in 1 class as their daily language teacher alongside a Chinese core teacher and 2 Chinese teaching assistants. There are currently 4 international classes, N1 (aged 2-3) through to K2 (aged 5-6).
At this crucial stage of the school's growth, you will have a very strong impact on it's future development and success, and your input will directly reflect in the school over the coming years. The team is full of life so any new person must be able to add to this positive ethos we have and bring western values and culture to the table.
Monday to Friday, 9am-12pm, 2pm-5pm (Office time is from 2-3pm).
You will spend 5 hours per day in the classroom with your students, engaging in daily interactions and learning activities, including outdoors and indoors free play, working in conjunction with a Chinese core teacher. You will teach 20-60 minutes per day as 1 or more structured activities, and use other time to support students language learning in a natural and enjoyable classroom environment. You will work together with the Chinese teachers to track student learning, including occasional staff meetings and team building activities.You will also be responsible for providing timely feedback to parents about students’ language development, join 1-to-1 parent meetings and full class meetings.
Curriculum materials are provided, but you are encouraged to use your own creativity and experience to create effective daily lesson plans.
• 18,000 RMB (per month)
• A fully furnished apartment/monthly stippend
• Full work visa, paid for by the school
• Yearly bonus (1 month salary) plus yearly travel allowance
• An English speaking work environment with English speaking middle and upper management.
• 3 weeks summer and winter holiday, 1 week Christmas holiday, 5 days paid annual leave + other national holidays (All fully paid).
• MUST have a bachelor’s degree (preferably in an Education/Language related subject, but not required)
• At least 2 years of experience working with similar age groups.
• Experience teaching children with English as their second language
• A TEFL certificate is preferred but not required
• Warm and friendly attitude towards young children and a desire to help them develop and grow
• Native English speaker from Australia, America, Canada, the UK, South Africa or New Zealand.
This is a perfect opportunity to discover a different way of thinking by immersing yourself into a whole new culture. Deyang is a small city of 2 million people which is located 30 minutes away from one of China's trendiest cities; Chengdu – home of the pandas.
If you would prefer to have a professional impact on the education system you teach within then you’re going to want this job. Please be prompt with your replies, sending your CV and a brief introduction of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
School: Gem Preschool
Location: China, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: Gem Preschool
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com