Starting date: not given
Teacher job Description
The kindergarten teacher understands and promotes the school’s mission, vision, objectives, and policies both within and outside the immediate school community. The teacher is responsible for providing a Montessori/English classroom/instructional program that supports the individual needs of the children in accordance with the school’s mission and vision.
English Homeroom teacher
Planning, Preparation and Instruction
The teacher creates instruction that supports the development of the cognitive, emotional, social, physical and spiritual growth of the child.
- The teacher uses the School Curriculum, Montessori Albums, and current research based instructional practices to develop interdisciplinary units of instruction that meet both the group and individual needs of students.
- The teacher is responsible for maintaining an on-going dialogue with specialty teachers and coordinating curriculum integration and implementation with these teachers.
- The teacher works with students of various abilities assigned to the classroom, including those with learning differences as diagnosed. The teacher may be required to participate in meetings, training, and planning cooperatives to fully meet each child’s needs.
- The teacher uses various assessment tools/strategies such as observations, children’s work samples, continuums of development, portfolios, etc. to help make instructional decisions for individual students.
The teacher is responsible for preparing an environment that meets the sensitive period/plane of development of the children he/she works with.
- The teacher is responsible for preparing an environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete and correspond to the needs of the group; for maintaining a clear, orderly, and attractive Montessori environment, including the care and maintenance of classroom materials and equipment; for communicating needs for the classroom in accordance with school policy, i.e., maintaining inventory of classroom materials and any additional materials needed.
- The teacher creates an environment that demonstrates rapport with, respect and kindness for, all students as well as between students. The teacher models and teaches conflict resolution and problem solving strategies in the classroom.
- The teacher should promptly report discipline concerns beyond typical classroom strategies to the Principal. A meeting with parents (and Principal, if necessary) should be arranged.
- The teacher is responsible for the safety of the children left in his/her charge until dismissed to a responsible adult. No child should ever be left unsupervised either inside or outside the classroom, except when directed by the teacher.
- The teacher ensures that the physical environment adheres to all health and safety regulations as required by the Shanghai education department.
The teacher is responsible for communication that supports an understanding of the school’s program, develops positive relationships within the school community, and protects the privacy and confidentiality of each student and family in the school community.
- The teacher establishes a positive relationship with parents of the students and maintains regular communication with parents with regard to their child’s specific needs. The teacher provides for parent conferences, meetings and communication throughout the school year in accordance with school policy. The teacher responds to parent concerns in a timely manner.
- The teacher communicates to parents and others in the school community about the classroom and curriculum. The teacher is responsible for a classroom newsletter that goes home to families on every Friday. The teacher develops and participates in parent workshop that help develop an understanding of our English curriculum.
- The teacher completes required Progress Reports in accordance with school policy.
- The teacher assists in the development of and participates in school functions, including but not limited to Open Houses, Curriculum Nights, Parent Orientations, and Family Field Trips.
English Native speakers only
2 years teaching experience reference letter（3-6 years old） provided
Salary up to 32,000 per month pre tax
Housing allowance of RMB 4,500 per month
City allowance of RMB 3,000 per month
Temporary accommodation on arrival for ten days
One-off relocation reimbursement (RMB 5,000)
One-off excess baggage reimbursement (RMB 4,000)
Airfare reimbursement in relation to outward travel at the beginning of your
period of employment (value RMB 6,000 for you)
Airfare reimbursement in relation to repatriation at the end of your period of
employment (value RMB 6,000 for you)
Airfare reimbursement for annual leave (value RMB 8,000 for you)
Entitlement to enjoy the Staff Children’s tuition benefit plan at School at which you are employed, on the basis of 100% fee remission for up to a maximum of two legally dependent children, subject to them meeting entrance requirements
Paid holiday periods include national holidays, around three weeks over Chinese
New Year and up to two months during the summer.
Please send your resume, self intro video and reference letter（teach 3-6 years old kids）、passport page, old chinese visa page（if any）to apply!
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
School: MGT Service
Location: China, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: Experience
Contact:School Name: MGT Service
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com