Starting date: not given
RMIT Vietnam is the Asian hub of Melbourne-based University RMIT - Australia's largest tertiary institution. RMIT Vietnam is the largest offshore campus in the world with three campuses based in Saigon, Hanoi, and Da Nang. The RMIT Vietnam School of English & University Pathways is endorsed by NEAS, Australia’s English Language Training quality assurance scheme and offers a range of programs designed to support students’ English language development, at any level, from higher education or IELTS preparation to supporting and developing their teaching careers.
We are looking for an educator to teach any of the programs offered by RMIT across 03 campuses Ho Chi Minh city, Hanoi and Danang. This can include teaching short courses, pathway programs or degree programs. The role encompasses all aspects of teaching including preparation, classroom delivery, feedback, and monitoring.
- Competitive gross hourly rates ranging from $30.55 (for expat candidates) or 540,000VND (for Vietnamese candidates) per teaching hour (based on qualifications and years of experience) - Ongoing professional development and mentoring.
- World class teaching facilities and resources.
- Regular opportunities to progress from hourly rate to full time member of staff.
- Free access to on-site international medical centre and private health insurance.
- Saigon: On-site gym and recreational facilities, including tennis courts and sports fields. Hanoi: On-site gym.
- On-site world class Library and free access to RMIT Melbourne online library.
- Ideal location with an abundance of accommodation, shops, restaurants, cafes and supermarkets in close proximity to campus.
- Support and guidance with Visa, Work Permit, and Residence Card processes (and reimbursement for reasonable costs).
English for University courses run for 10 weeks, Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm. Evening and weekend work is also available, and schedules could be a mix of weekday and weekend work depending on needs and teachers’ availability.
Offers of teaching hours will be based on new enrolments and within each term or teaching schedule can range from no teaching schedule to a full teaching schedule where the Actual Teaching Hours, ordinarily, would not exceed 20 Teaching Hours. There are also periods of the year, based on enrolments, where it is possible that no teaching hours will be available.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- For SGS & Danang campus: a bachelor’s degree in TESOL or English Language is required.
- For Hanoi campus: a master’s degree in in TESOL or English Language require.
- A recognised international qualification in teaching English as a foreign/second/further language (such as CELTA or equivalent.)
- At least 3 years of cumulative post-CELTA teaching experience in a similar role (formally supported by a statement of service.)
As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. Once the candidate accepts our offer, RMIT Vietnam will support preferred candidates with the Work Permit application process but reserves the right to rescind a job offer if required documentation is not provided by the candidate within a reasonable timeframe.
HOW TO APPLY
Access to our Career website.
Please address the following questions in your cover letter. Applications will not be considered if the cover letter does not address these questions.
1. Briefly explain how your experience to date is transferable for working on a range of programs at RMIT? (Refer to linked JD)
2. Briefly describe the challenges and opportunities you expect to experience teaching at RMIT in Vietnam and how you will approach them.
3. Outline how you continuously review and develop your teaching practice.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the documents below. We recommend having them ready when you start.
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Cover letter
- A copy of your current passport
- Proof of highest qualifications
- Other supporting documentation (Globally recognised teaching qualifications)
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
For general queries prior to applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
School: RMIT Vietnam
Location: Middle East, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: RMIT Vietnam
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com