SABIS® SUN International School - Dreamland, Baku
Starting date: not given
SABIS® SUN International School - Dreamland, Baku is recruiting an English Head of Department for the Academic Year 2023.2024.
SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
For more information about the SABIS® Network, visit: www.sabis.net.
Responsible for ensuring proper, consistent, and successful implementation of the SABIS® methodology and system, ensuring efficient and accurate analysis of results within the related department, and training and evaluating teachers, while providing them with constructive feedback when needed.
- Managing substitute teachers in case of absent staff to ensure that classes are taught according to the lesson plans.
- Checking the SABIS® AMS results and analyzing students’ performance and following up on failed concepts and any errors that may have occurred during the testing sessions.
- Conducting class observations on a daily basis to ensure that the SABIS® Point System is properly applied and providing feedback to the teachers on their performance.
- Meeting with the relevant staff to check on students’ progress and developing action plans to improve academic results.
- Following up on teachers’ complaints with the AQC(s) and/or School Director.
- Assigning marking and managing teachers’ timetables to ensure an equal distribution of workload.
- Ensuring that all teaching materials (pacing charts, sample questions, basic questions, lesson plans, exam timetables, etc.) are available for teachers’ use.
- Conducting the performance appraisals of the teachers in coordination with the AQC(s), while developing and following up on improvement plans.
- Submitting weekly reports to the School Director and AQC(s) regarding the teachers’ performance.
- Reviewing and/or suggesting the teachers’ classroom assignments at the beginning of the year for the different classes in order to ensure that each section has its most suitable teachers.
- Conducting teachers’ training workshops to improve their subject knowledge and teaching methods for specific concepts while using the SABIS® system.
- Providing feedback to the Regional Center on pacing charts, exams, curriculum, etc.
- Organizing and managing the academic support sessions for struggling students, in coordination with the AQC(s) and SLC.
- Ensuring that all teachers are following the pacing charts in a timely manner and developing action plans for those who are falling behind.
- Ensuring that all classroom displays are updated and appropriate and that corridors are well maintained.
- Ensuring that students receive the exam schedules, revision material, SABIS® AMS, and periodic and final study list as per the pacing chart (when applicable to a specific grade).
- Planning periodic exams’ schedules in conjunction with AQC(s) and the Regional Center to ensure that all exams are conducted at the appropriate timing and correct frequency (when applicable to a specific grade).
- Performing other related tasks as they arise and as delegated by the school management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or any other related field.
- A Master’s degree is a plus.
- English (Proficient)
- A teaching certificate is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in the SABIS® Network is preferred but not necessary
- Professional behavior and ethical conduct
- Delivering results
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Accountability and taking ownership
- Exciting and fulfilling career path
- Professional development
- Global transferability
- Medical Insurance
- Summer Vacation
- Annual Leave Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit their resume to email@example.com indicating "English HOD" in the Subject Line.
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
School: SABIS® SUN International School - Dreamland, Baku
Location: Other, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: SABIS® SUN International School - Dreamland, Baku
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org