Private Academy Teacher
Starting date: not given
Start Date: ASAP ~ May 2023
- 3.3m krw p/m
- Salary is negotiable based on experience
- 15 days paid vacation (5 days in the spring, 5 days in the summer, and 5 days in the winter)
- All national holidays off
- Health Insurance, severance, pension (optional)
- 3 sick days
- 1 minute walk from Sangil-dong Station (line 5)
- Monday to Friday: 1PM - 8 PM
- Teaching hours 2pm-7.35pm (4-5 hours of instruction per day)
- 24 teaching hours per week (Break-times provided)
- 1-2 hours of prep/grading per day provided within the working hours
- The teacher will be teaching a total of 4 different levels (from beginner to intermediate)
- Will manage roughly 30 students
- 24 teaching hours per week
- The levels are shared between the teachers and the prep is ready. (Minor tweaks can be made to suit your teaching style)
- Must be a native English speaker F-visa holder or Bilingual Korean (no visa sponsorship)
- Original apostilled diploma + original apostilled criminal background check (Domestic + Foreign)
- Fully vaccinated
- Upon being hired, a mandatory health check up will be required in order to be registered
with the Ministry of Education.
- 1+ years of experience with Korean academies
- Phonics experience
Please also include:
- Nationality & visa status
- Available start date
- Current Location
About The Academy:
Greetings! We are an academy in Gangdong-gu, Seoul, running small intimate classes (6 students per class). Our aim is to provide quality education based on high engagement with the teachers.
The directors are all native speakers and are also all teaching. All communication is done in English, and we try hard to create a positive and fulfilling working environment. Additionally, all communication throughout the hiring process will be conducted directly with the directors—no recruiters involved.
We have a strong curriculum based on North American standards which provide teachers with the framework to build a positive and enriching class atmosphere. Although training, curriculum, and syllabus are provided, ideally the candidate is someone who is experienced with academies in Korea (1+ years), self-motivated, and is always looking to improve and learn in order to better the learning experience for the students.
We believe that our positive environment gives professional teachers guidance and freedom to teach to the best of their abilities and hone their professional skills.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only be able to contact those that are most actively considered for a position.
Resume Screening > Phone Interview > Face-to-face interview > Mock Lesson >Job offer
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: Private Academy Teacher
School: Brave English
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: Brave English
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org