Private Academy Teacher
Korea Defense Language Institute
Starting date: not given
Korea Defense Language Institute (KDLI) Seeks an English Instructor.
Located in Icheon, Gyeonggi Province, Korea Defense Language Institute (KDLI) is a language education and research division within the Joint Forces Military University, the intellectual center of the Republic of Korea Armed Forces. KDLI strives to enable the Korean military to adapt to the changing global environment via communication skills, creativity, and critical thinking. The institute teaches career military personnel, both commissioned and non-commissioned officers, various foreign languages including: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, German, Arabic, Turkish, and Indonesian. KDLI is also committed to teaching the Korean language to foreign servicemen from approximately twenty five countries at a time. The faculty at KDLI is made up of professionals from around the world. They engage students in language immersion and devote themselves to developing effective teaching methods.
The English Department consists of courses spanning one to six months. Our classes are designed to help ROK Armed Forces work with their counterparts during joint or combined operations. Additionally, we prepare military personnel for missions such as overseas training or dispatch. Since the students are highly motivated and of excellent caliber, we seek committed, well-mannered candidates capable of providing a top-notch English education.
[Job Duties and Responsibilities]
1. Plan, organize, and deliver English instruction in English in accordance with KDLI’s curriculum, utilizing a broad range of appropriate teaching methods and activities while addressing all aspects of language skills
2. Provide one-on-one tutoring focusing on students’ weaknesses and maintain accurate records of students’ progress
3. Administer assessments to ensure that students meet learning objectives and provide detailed feedback.
4. Establish and maintain an orderly and productive classroom environment
5. If assigned, oversee out-of-classroom activities
* Instructors may be assigned special duties such as teaching pronunciation classes and conducting oral proficiency interviews.
1. Applicants of non-Korean nationality must have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in an English-speaking country; or a bachelor’s degree in the English Language from a country where English is the official second language
2. Applicants of Korean nationality must have a master’s degree or higher and at least six years of residence experience in a country where English is the mother tongue.
3. Preference is given to applicants with:
a master's degree or higher in the relevant field
a certificate in English language teaching such as TESOL, TEFL, or CELTA
more than three years of teaching experience
experience in the military or military-related institutes
records of published articles related to English and/or teaching in academic journals
[Compensation and Benefits]
- Hourly Rate: 35,000 won/teaching hour. (Weekly teaching hours on average: 20~24)
2. Teaching Hours
- Regular teaching hours: Mon-Fri 10:30 (or 8:30) ~15:20 (or 12:20)
- Tutoring hours: 15:30~17:00 (once or twice a week)
- A private dormitory room (21.8m2) with a private bathroom is provided to instructors with no family members.
- A private 3 BR/2 BA apartment (in various sizes: 85.95/102.48/112.4m2) is provided to instructors with family members living with them. A different amount of security deposit, depending on the size of the apartment, is required.
4. Unpaid and Paid Vacation
- If there is no class in session, instructors can take unpaid vacation. Paid vacation will be given in accordance with the Korean Labor Law.
5. National pension and national health insurance
6. On-site fitness center
[How to Apply]:
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Your resume must include the following information
Personal info (full name, phone number, email, visa status w/ expiry date, DOB, current location, photo)
Education (BA & MA)
Employment history ( up to 3 recent employers with dates & responsibilities)
Military Experience (if any)
Certification(TESOL, TEFL, CELT,etc. including hours)
Research work (published books, articles
Other skills & qualifications
Brief self introduction.
2. Proof of education and employment (diploma, certificates, etc.)
3. Passport photo
4. Proof of your research work (if any)
5. Signed recommendation letter with contact information
6. Criminal Record Check issued by your home country (Must be translated in Korean and notarized)
7. Copy of passport and ARC card
8. Certificate of Alien Registration (different from your ARC card)
9. Certificate of Exit and Entry
Please note that an employment at KDLI can be terminated at anytime
1. If any documents an (prospective) employee turns in are found forged
2. If any records inappropriate for an employment at a military organization are found from a background check
1. Deadline to submit required documents: Friday, March 31
2. Notify candidates selected for interview: Wednesday, April 5
3. Mandatory on-site interview: Friday, April 14
*Please prepare a 5-minute demo lesson for an intermediate English class.
4. Result announcement: Monday, April 17
5. On-the-job training start dates: Wednesday, April19 ~ Friday, April 21
6. Expected start date: Friday, May 19
If you have any questions, please email us at:
Korea Defense Language Institute
Joint Forces Military University
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: Private Academy Teacher
School: Korea Defense Language Institute
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: M.A.
Contact:School Name: Korea Defense Language Institute
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com