Qingdao Experimental High School
Starting date: not given
Qingdao Experimental High School is now hiring a Full-time Science ESL instructor!
Qingdao Experimental High School is one of the top public high schools in Qingdao, China. The school is most well-known for its international programs and open-minded culture. It is located in the Chengyang District of Qingdao, 5 minutes from downtown Chengyang and 45 minutes from the city hall. We are now hiring for our international department for September 2023. Our international department delivers the Global Assessment Certificate (or GAC, a curriculum managed by AES, a subsidiary of ACT Inc.) and GAC Foundation program to students preparing to study abroad in western universities. For the GAC program, we emphasize study skills, critical thinking, experiential learning, and college-style assessments. When our students complete the program, we hope that they will not only have the skills to succeed at the university level, but excel. For the GAC Foundation program, we build students’ English skills so they can enter the more challenging and academically-oriented GAC program after they complete the Foundation courses. Learn more about our GAC and GAC Foundation curriculums at: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/act-international-programs/global-assessment-certificate-programs.html . We also provide a variety of language programs to local high schools and middle schools.
1. Job Title: Chemistry/Biology Instructor. Instructor will deliver the GAC programs to students that are planning to study in western countries for college. In addition, the instructor will teach the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) Chemistry and Biology classes to high school students in grades 12.
2. Job Location: Chengyang; this is a district of Qingdao located approximately 45 minutes from downtown Qingdao and about 15 minutes from TAO (Qingdao International Airport).
3. Compensation Package:
* Base Salary of 16,000-18,000 RMB After Tax
* Free Accommodation OR a Housing Stipend
* Monthly bonus based on performance
* Travel and visa reimbursements
* Summer holiday and winter/spring holiday
* Native English Speaker from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, S. Africa, the UK, or the US
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Experience teaching Science and English to high school students
5. Job Description:
* 20 teaching hours/week, plus 4 office hours per week (completed in the office or the classroom)
* Grading, lesson planning, and other teaching-related paperwork
* Staff meetings and other professional development activities (might require commuting to downtown Qingdao from time to time)
6. Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: University Professor
School: Qingdao Experimental High School
Location: China, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: Qingdao Experimental High School
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: email@example.com