Starting date: not given
Recruitment for Fall 2023 - Overseas Candidates Welcome!
***** YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
***** SECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
In lessons on both the Young Learners and Secondary School English Programs, the Westgate instructor would be the sole instructor in the classroom, not an assistant language teacher. We are accepting applications from overseas and from inside Japan for the in-class teaching positions of the University Program, Young Learners English Program, and Secondary School English Program.
Please read the Application Information for the Fall 2023 Term for more details.
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- One School Year: Late March to March of the following year (approx. 12 months)
- Spring Term: Late March to Late July (approx. 4 months)
- Fall Term: Late August to March of the following year (approx. 7 months)
3) LOCATION: Aichi
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
- Master's degree or higher
- Total 3 years experience (6 or more terms/semesters) in teaching at university/community college (all subjects)
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students' lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate at https://www.westgatejapan.com/
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website. https://www.westgatejapan.com/M-5-1.html
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree and one of the following:
a) 500+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience along with EFL/ESL teaching certificate and/or elementary/primary/secondary teaching credentials/qualifications
b) 1000+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of a teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
- Some classroom teaching experience with young learners (for Young Learners positions)
* No Japanese language ability is required.
* Non-EFL/ESL teaching experience may be considered.
Salary and Benefits
- Approximately 290,000 yen per month
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figure listed above.
- HOUSING can be arranged for 81,000 yen per month, which covers rent, utilities, and monthly maintenance fees.
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: University Professor
School: Westgate Corporation
Location: Japan, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: M.A.
Contact:School Name: Westgate Corporation
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org