Starting date: not given
Scope of work
Native English-Speaking Instructors
Amideast-Jordan is seeking to procure the services of 11 native-English speaking instructors to conduct English training courses for the duration of 24-month, the training will include language and skills development program and will be implemented in three difference locations within Jordan. The ideal candidates will be willing and able to live in Jordan for up to 24 months and will be responsible for teaching up to 25 hours per week using accredited English language curriculum and materials.
Amideast will cover the travel, housing, and internal transportation. This is not a family post.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver English language courses and instruction to classes of up to 25 students using the college-accredited curriculum, the American Language Course, as per the arranged schedule of classes and semester.
- Design supplementary materials as needed and where beneficial for the development of cadets.
- Punctual delivery of instruction for all scheduled courses/classes.
- Follow the designed syllabus for the course.
- Provide feedback and reporting to supervisors as necessary.
- Maintain daily attendance and performance records.
- Submit weekly student performance reports as required.
- Attend instructors' meetings as required by the college or by Amideast.
- Correct homework, quizzes, and all assignments.
- Assist in activities designed for student development.
- Must be a native English speaker.
- TESL/TEFL /CELTA certification is required.
- Relevant college degree.
- Excellent English communication, organizational, time management and presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic, committed, and a team player.
- Knowledge of English language teaching methods, approaches, and materials.
- Flexible, self-motivated, patient, and creative.
- Arabic proficiency not required but familiarity with Arabic language and culture a plus.
- Previous experience in language education for the military or security forces a plus, especially in the MENA region.
- Procuring the services of 11 Trainers on an Independent Contract for a fixed period of 12 months from the signature, subject to renewal to another 12 months by mutual agreement and program continuation.
- Amideast will provide a furnished accommodation in Jordan for the duration of the IC contract period.
- Amideast will provide transportation to and from the location as well as all necessary security passes and permissions.
- Amideast will provide round trip, economy class, air fare from the nearest major international airport of origin, initial hotel accommodation during orientation, per diem and initial tourist visa coverage.
- Amideast will provide the instructor with a one-year residency permit.
- Amideast will provide a medical insurance plan to each instructor.
- There will be no classes for the period of December 24-January 1 of each year.
- All incomes are subject to Jordanian income tax regulations.
- For American citizens, a deduction for FICA (Foreign Income Contributions Act) on all earnings as required by U.S. law.
For more information on the FICA deduction, please visit: https://www.ssa.gov/thirdparty/materials/pdfs/educators/What-is-FICA-Infographic-EN-05-10297.pdf" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">https://www.ssa.gov/thirdparty/materials/pdfs/educators/What-is-FICA-Infographic-EN-05-10297.pdf
Amideast is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. Amideast maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment background checks.
As a federal government contractor, in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, Amideast is required to develop annual Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs). Any employees or applicants who wish to review the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) for Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans can contact us by sending an email to HR@Amideast.ORG or by calling Human Resources at 202/776-9600.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation in applying for any posted position, please contact Human Resources at 202/776-9600.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Amideast are protected under Federal law from discrimination. http://jobs.amideast.org/Applications/ExternalApplicants/custom/English/eeo_info.pdf" target="_blank" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Click here to find out more.
Pursuant to Executive Order 13665, Amideast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: University Professor
School: Amideast Jordan
Location: Middle East, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: Amideast Jordan
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: NAlNajjar@amideast.org