Lighthouse International School
Starting date: not given
Lighthouse International School (LIS) is a private Christian school in the Ilsan-seogu area. The school is committed to educating the children of God to develop sound spirituality, exemplary character, and a biblical worldview to embrace the world and become global leaders. Core classes are taught in English, and the school’s mission is to train distinguished, righteous people of God that will shine the light of good influence on the world through their good deeds.
Lighthouse International School is currently seeking an:
Experienced Secondary Math Teacher
The teacher shall be committed to living a Biblical lifestyle and called by God to teach at a nurturing Christian environment School. The teacher shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians who will make a transforming influence in their world to the praise.
Teachers should be born-again Christians committed to living a Biblical lifestyle and:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Possess teacher certification or bachelor’s degree in elementary or secondary education, or have experience teaching in public or private secondary schools in the relevant subject area.
- Be a native English speaker.
- Preference is given to bilingual speakers (English and Korean).
Curriculum and Instruction:
Regularly review curriculum guides and plan lessons that show Biblical Integration and develop learning.
- Prepare lesson plans containing learner outcomes/objectives, standards, and instructional plans in advance on Google Docs.
- Implement effective classroom management which promotes effective student learning.
- Teach classes as assigned (20~24 classes weekly)
- Assess the students’ learning regularly and provide progress reports
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grades
Maintain an open dialogue with parents regarding academics, behavior, and events.
- Participate in faculty meetings, department meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and events
- Integrate Biblical principles in the classroom and while on campus to create a nurturing environment
- Advise students and correct their behaviors as needed
- Sponsor or supervise extracurricular activities and programs
- Collaborate in curriculum development
Collaborate with other teachers in the ongoing evaluation of curricular programs including curriculum writing, determining scope and sequence priorities, effective teaching strategies, assessment practices, and related textbook adoptions. Serve on committees and/or supervise activities supporting the overall school program.
Participate in scheduled in-service, curriculum planning, and professional development activities.
- Attend annual orientation and in-service activities prior to the school year.
- Be a member of a Professional Learning Community.
- Attend the school retreat.
- Be involved in extra-curricular activities.
Outstanding students and fantastic colleagues to work with – all learning and serving together for God’s glory. Excellent continuing professional development opportunities including mentoring as required/ wanted.
Salary: 2.5-3.5Mil KRW/ month, based on certifications and experience.
Vacation / PTO: 4 to 5 weeks paid vacation and all national holidays
- Additional 2 personal leave days
- Additional 4 sick days
- Health insurance (50/50 split)
- National pension (refundable according to nationalities; US, Canada, etc. - 50/50 split)
- Housing provided (if required)
- Severance pay (eligible after fulfilling a one-year contract)
- Airfare: if the teacher is residing in a foreign country
Originally posted at Dave's ESL Cafe
Details:Position: University Professor
School: Lighthouse International School
Location: South Korea, Other
Start Date: not given
Application Deadline: not given
Salary: not given
Job Requirements: not given
Contact:School Name: Lighthouse International School
Recruiting Company: not given or N/A
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org